Friday, June 13, 2008

June 12th : Dough in Soup with "Accessories"

Another mid-afternoon well spent in the kitchen. This time it took a very long time from preparation to completion. Mum and my closed relative love this dish and this time, I'm trying my best to recreate this entrée.

The preparation started with tears while peeling and julienning shallots. Fried shallots is one of the main 'accessories' and we need lots of it.



Another 'accessory' would be tiny little dried anchovies. I have to slowly pan fried them with few drops of Canola oil until they are crispy golden brown.


I then proceeded preparing the soup. Here you can see dried anchovies being used and while it's boiling, you can see them happily swimming about.


While I was frying the shallots, preparing the soup, slicing and dicing other ingredients, my sous chef is preparing the dough. Told her to use her feet but she rather use her hands.



1 hour 38 minutes 37 seconds 83 milliseconds and counting.


Every dough was flatten out and cut into pieces and then boiled to cook. It's like ravioli but without the stuffing.


Finally, soup and other 'accessories' were added and ready to be photographed. Here, you can see, there are fishballs, fried shallots and anchovies, green onion, vegetables (choi sam), and saucy ground pork to add to the flavor.


It took me and the sous chefs 2 hours, 9 minutes, 35 seconds, 28 milliseconds to prepare this dish. It was not difficult, it's just a little bit tedious preparing and cooking the 'accessories'.


This entrée made me realized how much I appreciate my Mum's cooking even more. It was time consuming but it is worth it to serve the ones you love the best meal. Dad, if you're reading this, help out Mum in the kitchen !!!!!!!!!!!

Bon Appetit !!!!

No comments: