Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 21st : Braised Three-layer Pork (Peanut Rice Ball w/ Red Bean Base)

Sous chef brought a huge three-layer pork (meat, fat, and skin) into the kitchen yesterday and marinated it with salt and decided to take over the kitchen. Sous did most of the cooking while I prepared the ingredients. Cutting the huge piece of pork is not easy as I expected. The cleaver I used was not razor sharp enough to thinly slice the pork like I wanted. Again, the G9000 Mudman is responsible for the time stamp.



A close-up of the "three layer"



The last dish is a dessert: Peanut Rice Ball with Red Bean Base.
This dessert is dedicated to a very good friend of mine living in 94040. All the best wishes to her and her significant other and also to a little girl whom I miss dearly !!!




Bon Appetit !!!!

No comments: